Thursday, July 07, 2011

72 years and counting...Happy Birthday Dad! (Updated with new photo of Dad modeling!)

My dad, Amos, is celebrating 72 years today, July 7. Happy Birthday, Dad!
My mom snapped this photo of Dad opening one of his gifts. A man can never have too many shirts. 
Mom also took this photo of Dad modeling the new shirt we gave him. What style he has! :)

In honor of his birthday, I looked up some facts about the year 1939. Visit http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/1939.html to learn more, but below are some interesting items.

Average cost of new house: $3,800
Average wages per year: $1,730
Cost of a gallon of gas: 10 cents
A loaf of bread: 8 cents
A pound of hamburger meat: 14 cents
Average price for new car: $700

I'm sorry we can't be there to help him celebrate, but we saw him during June when we visited our Florida families for almost two weeks. It was a great visit, and I'll share more photos in a future blog post.

Three generations: My dad, brother and nephew on Father's Day in June 2011.
We love you Dad! Happy 72nd birthday!

No comments: