Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fun Family Fall Visit


Last weekend, David's family visited us. His mom, Jean-Paul and Grandma made the long journey from hot and humid Winter Haven, Florida to the mountains of East Tennessee. It was unseasonably warm here though with highs in the upper 70s to low 80s.

On Saturday, we joined hundreds of other tourists at a popular driving site during the fall and all year round, Cades Cove.



It's probably the most popular spot in the Great Smoky Mountains. The leaves are starting to change to bright red, yellow and orange colors, but they definitely haven't hit their peak, which will probably be at the end of October.





Bumper to bumper traffic. If you're driving through any part of the the Smokies during the fall, be prepared to go slow and stop often.



Views from the sunroof!




We saw quite a few deer during the drive, and they were very close to the road. Most of the photos I took were blurry since we were moving, but I promise there's a deer in this one. I just can't find it!



We didn't see any bears, but it was a lot of fun though to ride through the one-way 11-mile loop, which I haven't done since I was a child. Just another reason we love living in this part of the country.

3 comments:

Lisa Byerley Gary said...

Wonderful Cades Cove photos. Thanks for taking us on the virtual tour!

Ashley Jean Cerasaro said...

I had to crack up when I read your blog entry. My friends from PA came to visit this past weekend, and we took them to Cades Cove as well. But we went on Sunday, and unfortunately for us and everyone else on the loop, we didn't know it was a one-way loop.

Anonymous said...

If they only allowed hunting...I bet I could get a truck load of meat there!