Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Thinking like a child...

I had to share this brief post that I read on a friend's blog. Her mother's dog died this week, and she wasn't sure how to explain the pet's death to her children. Below is what she wrote about what happened.

I saw an opening, and mentioned that M.T. was very sick, and was probably going to heaven. A and S thought a moment, and then asked, "Well, how will she get there?" I said that I thought she would fly, as heaven is above us. A said, "Oh! So she'll just be sleeping and then she will grow wings and go up with all the other doggies and people in heaven." I said that sounds about right to me. Silence. "Maddie (their dog) is going to miss her friend," S said. "Yes," A replied. "But she'll see her again someday. We all will. Just later. Like when we're 100."

The beauty of being and thinking like a child.

No comments: