Saturday, October 03, 2009

Meeting Baby Joanna and Big Brother Jesse


I had the chance to meet the newest addition to a friend's family yesterday. My colleague Carol delivered Joanna on August 24, several weeks before her scheduled due date. She now weighs more than eight pounds and is so adorable, just like her older brother Jesse was when he was born.

I forgot to take my camera, but here's one of Jesse from the spring of 2008, and they look a lot alike.



Jesse is 18 months now and so cute. He follows his father, Patrick, around and he still has that cute smile. He calls his little sister "Bamb," his word for baby.

Carol and I also had the chance to catch up about many things, including our favorite soap opera, The Young and the Restless.  It's funny to me since Carol is from Uganda, and she's one of the only friends I have who's watched the show for a long time. My American friends probably think I'm crazy for watching it all these years, but not Carol! :)

It was great seeing the whole family together again!

No comments: