Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Take a listen to the 1982 World's Fair music



The 1982 Wold's Fair was in Knoxville, and after living here for four years, I can tell just how proud this city is to have hosted the event, and it should be. I remember my grandparents traveled from Florida to attend the fair, and they brought me a World's Fair teddy bear that I still have.

The fair went from May through October, and more than 11 million people came to Knoxville for the "Energy Turns the World" themed event.

A friend recently posted a link to the official songs of the fair. They are great to listen to since they were written and recorded in the early 1980s. You just have to listen: http://www.expomuseum.com/1982/audio/index.htm and make sure you click on the youtube video clip above for a World's Fair commercial. It's definitely a piece of nostalgia for those who grew up in Knoxville or attended the fair. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Urso Chappell said...

Thanks for the post and links to my site. The 1982 World's Fair was particularly influential on this 15 year old. 28 years later, I'm about to go to my 8th world's fair... this one in China!

For our podcast, The World's Fair Podcast, we're hoping to have an episode soon about 1982 Knoxville.

Urso Chappell
ExpoMuseum.com