Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Hope the luck of the Irish has been with you today, and may you find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The above photo is Sammie with her St. Pat's hat a few years ago. I think she and Cash are glad we didn't pull them out again this year.

Sadly, I didn't see any leprechauns today. However, I can remember a time when I was absolutely positive one had visited my kindergarten classroom. When we returned from recess, there was a piece of candy on the floor under each of our desk chairs. Our teacher, Mrs. Zedalis, told us a leprechaun put it there since she was in a meeting down the hall. And besides, if she had done it, the candy would be on our desks, and not on the floor, where the leprechaun would have left it because of his small size.

I can remember feeling so excited and wanting to see and meet a leprechaun so desperately, just like I always have wanted to meet Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. Hmmm. I wonder if they have e-mail address and Facebook and Twitter accounts. A (little) girl can dream, can't she?

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: