Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A Fresh Start


I've had a blog since November 2006 when I created one as part of teaching an introduction to news writing class at the University of Tennessee, however I haven't been a regular blogger. I intend to change that since I'm a writer by profession, and it's a great way to let family and friends know what I'm up to on a regular basis. One way to be a better writer is to write and write and write.

Speaking of writing, I'm teaching a five-week summer class about writing for the mass media. We meet five days a week for an hour and a half. It's intense, but I really get to know my students. I started teaching Monday, after returning from Florida for the second time in two weeks. The first Florida trip was for my brother's wedding. I can't believe he is married. The second was to celebrate my parent's 40th wedding anniversary celebration. Both were wonderful occasions despite the long trips down there and back. We wouldn't have missed them for anything.

4 comments:

Dr. DeVito said...

Wow! I consider it an honor to be the first one to post a response.

I love you!

- David

From the Bumpy Road said...

Thanks for sharing Allyson!

Buffy said...

Pretty cake!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.