Monday, July 14, 2008

Cleaning out the Fridge

Sometimes I go on a cleaning frenzy, and that happened during the past week. I start organizing drawers and wiping unseen corners. I tend to get obsessive about it, but I can't stand living in a dirty house.

I cleaned the refrigerator and freezer from top to bottom. They weren't that dirty, but a few of the items in them should have seen the trash a lot sooner. One such item that we threw away several months ago was a piece of groom's cake from our wedding more than four years ago. For some reason, it made the move with us from Florida to Tennessee, but it should have been thrown out a long time ago. David and I both were brave enough to taste it, but it was severely freezer burned. I know four years is a long time to keep cake, but we didn't set the record by any means. I remember reading a story last year about a couple who had kept their wedding cake in the freezer for more than 30 years! Yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly though, your cake lasted longer than many marriages!