Thursday, July 03, 2008

Last Day of School

Today is the last day of the first summer session at UT, so it's my last day teaching Journalism and Electronic Media 200, the introduction to mass media writing course. We've met every day of the week (Monday-Friday) since June 2, but I don't mind.

I really enjoy teaching during the summer. Overall, the students perform better. I don't know if it's because we meet daily, and they are only taking my class and maybe one other, or what it is, but I really get to know them.

Sometimes I feel like an elementary school teacher who has to say good-bye on the last day. I'll actually miss seeing some of them and having vibrant class discussions. I might have some of these students again if they take the radio and television reporting class this fall that I'm teaching. Let's hope!

Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: