Monday, September 15, 2008

Fall Weather and Football

It's been really warm in Knoxville during the past few weeks, but today is truly starting to feel like fall weather. It's been cloudy and windy, and I don't think the temperature has climbed much past 72 degrees. I'm looking forward to the seasonal changes. It's one of the main reasons I enjoy living in East Tennessee.

With fall, comes college football, and this Saturday will be an anticipated match up between my alma mater and my soon-to-be alma mater, UF and UT. My Gator friends can't seem to understand how I can live up here with all this orange and white, but when in Rome...so when in Knoxville, I'm a UT fan. We're not going to the game since it will be a crazed event, but we'll definitely be watching it at 3:30 Saturday afternoon. May the best team win! Go Gators! Go Vols!

By the way, for the first time in history, the Southeastern Conference (SEC) has five teams in the top 10. (For those of you in other conferences 5 is half of 10 or 50 percent, which is a really good statistic). No other conference has ever been able to boast about this accomplishment. Florida is #4, Georgia is #3, LSU is #6, Alabama is #9 and Auburn is #10. I hope Florida destroys Georgia this season and inches closer to the top spot!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Odd how I didn't see UT in the top 25

AllyDeVito said...

Yes, you are correct, whoever you are. UT fell out of the top 25. Let's see if that's the case when basketball season rolls around though.

Anonymous said...

Go Gators! You and David should feel free to wear orange and blue since you'll be in the privacy of your own home. The girls won't tell!

Dr. DeVito said...

Well.... since it has already been brought up... I will always be a Gator. Given the fact that Allyson is getting a Ph.D. from UT, I believe that is one of the few occasions when it is acceptable to add an allegiance to another team. So as long as UT is not playing UF, I will root for them.

This weekend though... Go Gators!

Anonymous said...

I heard that all the Wal-Mart's in Tennessee sold out of guns & ammo when they heard that the Russians were invading Georgia.