Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Congratulations Graduates!


Congratulations Glenn, Felicia, Jim, Alla, Steve, Sora, John, Emma, Charlie and Cheryl!

It was an inspiration for me to see my colleagues last Friday at UT's graduate hooding ceremony. When one earns a doctoral degree, his or her adviser "hoods" them, which literally means they put an academic hood over their head.

The College of Communication and Information had 10 Ph.D. students graduate, and 9 of them attended the ceremony. Most of them have left Knoxville for jobs in various states, so it was a reunion as well. Several of us served as graduate student ushers, so we were able to get some great photos thanks to Katerina who used my camera. I was stationed at the doors, greeting guests and telling them where to sit.

Hopefully, I won't be an usher at next December's hooding ceremony but a hooded graduate. I'm taking my comprehensive exams in January, so my winter break will be spent studying.

No comments: