Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Where did the muppets come from?

Ever wonder how Oscar the Grouch came to be? According to a blog on Mental Floss, a lot of of Jim Henson's famous puppets are based on real people.

I never knew that Count von Count lost his ability to hypnotize people for fear he would scare children. Also, Miss Piggy is from Iowa apparently. Telly Monster, who is one of my favorites, originally was obsessed with TV, but producers were concerned about his influence on children, so they made him a constant worrier. Those of you who know me well know why I relate to him so well.

3 comments:

Dr. DeVito said...

Obviously, my favorite characters are Beaker and Dr. Bunsen.

I would not be the dork I am today without them.

They made it seem so cool...

Unknown said...

Very funny (and ironic to read as Ry is watching Sesame Street right now). His favorite is Cookie Monster btw :)

Anonymous said...

That comment was from me, not Brad :)

Also, forgot to mention that Statler and Waldorf work at our local Publix in the deli.