Sunday, March 22, 2009

Meeting my nieces

During our recent trip to Florida, I was able to meet my nieces, Mattie and Mia. They belong to my brother and his wife and are quite the playful pair.

Mattie is a blackmouth cur. Her breed is a hunting dog that originated in the South. In the book, "Old Yeller," the dog was a blackmouth cur, but the movie version used a golden lab to play the part. Mattie is extremely hyper and loves to play and run around constantly.



Mia is a rottweiler and very loving. She's going to be a big dog. Jason and Kristen got Mattie first, and when they got Mia, Mattie actually calmed down a bit due to Mia's lounging and laid back personality.



I brought them a couple of toys from Dolly and Sammie. One was a football and the other a pom-pom. Mattie chewed on both of them and tried to entice Mia to get them, which started a tug of war.




Mia loves to lay on her back and have her belly rubbed. She also falls asleep in this position.



I was there for almost two hours, and by the time we left, the football was completely destroyed.

No comments: