Saturday, March 28, 2009

Update from Dolly





Hi, everyone. It's Dolly writing. In between napping on the computer and asking for food in the kitchen, I decided to post an entry on my mom's blog. I'm feeling much better this week. My parents have been giving me fluids once or twice a day, which I hate since it involves inserting a long needle into the skin between my shoulders that is hooked up to a fluid bag. I'm also on six to seven daily medications, and I hate taking them. It makes my parents upset when they have to "torture" me, but they really love me, so I think I forgive them.



One of the drugs I'm on is called Phoslo, and my parents had it filled at Walgreens when I was at the clinic last week because the clinic was out of it. My mom thinks it's funny they typed "Dolly The Cat DeVito" on the label. She laughs at the smallest things.



They took me back to the vet Friday afternoon, and they drew more blood. The vet will call with the results by Monday. Dr. Haas was so impressed with how well I've bounced back. She told us that there is another cat who has numbers that are much better than mine, but that cat isn't doing so hot. I guess I'm kind of a miracle. I'm eating fairly well, and I still love to sit on laps and purr. I don't meow anymore, and I'm not sure why, but I'm enjoying the spring birds outside. If I could only catch one...

My parents bought us a new scratch pad that comes with cat nip. I love it! After the vet visit Friday, they opened it up, and I got high for a while. It's like kitty marijuana, only it's legal and not harmful to me. After I had my fun time, I immediately went in to the kitchen and wanted to eat. :)





My sister Sammie has been great through all of this, but she still doesn't understand why I don't like to run around and play with her as much as I used to. However, we do enjoy napping on the bed.



Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. It means a lot. I didn't realize I was so popular.

No comments: