Wednesday, September 23, 2009

For the love of grading


While grading papers Monday, the right arrow key on my keyboard popped off. I couldn't pop it back in, so I made an appointment with the Genius Bar at the Apple Store in Knoxville, hoping one of the geniuses could repair it...no such luck.

The key is cracked, and the keyboard is the most intricate part of the computer according to Preston, the genius who assisted me. They've ordered a replacement keyboard and will repair my computer when it arrives. Preston said this was the first time he's seen this happen, so of course it would happen to me.

Hopefully, this repair will only separate me from my dear Mac for just a day or so. I can still use it, but I have to rely on the mouse more, and things take a little longer when I'm maneuvering around a document. I love my Mac, but at times like this, I am a bit annoyed and frustrated. Ah, the things we do for love.

No comments: