Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tailgating at home


I don't envy folks who braved the weather and attended the UF and UT games today. It was raining in Gainesville, and it's warm up here in Knoxville. I love the energy of attending games, but I hate the heat and humidity.

Today, we've sat inside our comfortable home and watched both games. We also decided to boil some peanuts...a food I could live off of if necessary. They are so good! My dad boils them in a pressure cooker, which takes a lot less time. It took us almost six hours before they were done, but they are delicious. I like to eat them when they're fairly hot, and I have fond memories of my dad and I eating them just after he'd boiled them. They're also good once they've cooled.

In keeping with the tradition of football Saturdays and tailgating, we're grilling some hot dogs tonight, and I made some homemade potato salad. This recipe calls for peas, which is different than what I've made before, but we're always up for trying something new.



Hope you're having a great weekend! Next weekend will be interesting when the Gators play the Vols in Gainesville!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Mmmm...boiled peanuts! Love those :)

How did the peas in the potato salad turn out?

AllyDeVito said...

The potato salad turned out great. Here's the recipe: http://www.simplypotatoes.com/recipes/recipeView.cfm?RecipeID=0035a

Our Kroger is having a big sale on the Simply Potatoes packages. They are 99 cents right now and are usually close to $3!