Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Get your flu shot!



Flu vaccines should be available in your area now, and I got mine yesterday at a clinic at Kroger. Most pharmacies now have walk-in clinics where you can get them as well, but sometimes you have to wait since people are also there to see a medical professional if they are sick. You might recall my experience last year at the "Minute Clinic."

However, waiting for a shot hopefully won't be your excuse not to get one. I've gotten a flu shot every year since I was a freshmen in college in 1995, and I've never had the flu. Yes, I've succumbed to colds and sinus infections but not the flu.

These vaccines arrived earlier this year since the H1N1 vaccine should be available in October. According to the University of Tennessee's Web page, the vaccine will be given in two doses over several weeks and will be free to the UT community.

I know some people don't like getting shots, but this one is over before you know it and barely hurts. I do miss getting a character-themed bandage though. :)

No comments: