Tuesday, July 21, 2009

10,000 E-mail Messages

David recently needed an official transcript from the University of Florida for a job he's applying for, so he had to call UF and reset his Gatorlink username and password to electronically order his transcripts. This also allowed him to check his UF e-mail account where he found hundreds of messages. I thought our accounts expired once we had left UF for a period of time, but no—the accounts are permanent.

Well, I have him beat! I called UF yesterday and reset my account. When I checked my e-mail inbox, I had close to 10,000 messages dating back to August 2006. They stopped last July since my inbox was well over quota. I couldn't believe it! I spent some time going through them and making sure there wasn't anything important. Many were spam messages, but some were e-mails sent from various companies and organizations that I had subscribed to over the years.

I forgot to take a screen shot to prove how many there were, but here's one of my perfectly cleaned out e-mail inbox!

No comments: