Friday, July 17, 2009

Fish for dinner?


No, we don't have another new cat...yet.

Last night I was in the kitchen making dinner, and when I turned around, I saw an orange tabby cat outside on our porch, peering inside. I put Sammie in the bedroom and closed the door, and then David and I investigated our visitor.

She had a collar on and clearly was someone's pet. We looked over at our neighbor's porch and saw another cat sitting there with a similar collar. They had just moved in, so David went over to ask if they were missing a cat. In the mean time, I let Buttercup (the owner told us her name when he came over) in the house since I didn't want her to run away. She walked around, sniffed everything, and then found our fish tank! We bought the fish last year so Dolly and Sammie could watch them at a safe distance, but neither seemed interested. So it's funny to us that the first thing Buttercup noticed was the tank. She sat there for several minutes just watching them.

It turns out that our new neighbor is actually renting a house down the hill, but there were bad storms Sunday night that caused flash flooding. His house had four feet of water, so the rental agency let him move in next to us in a vacant house while they repair his house. We weren't home Sunday night, but I guess it was fairly bad in the Knoxville area. Buttercup is an indoor/outdoor cat and had gone back to her old house last night. When she made her way back up the hill, she got confused about where her new house is since they all look the same. Too cute!

No comments: