Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday!





This past weekend, we journeyed to Florida to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday. However, he had no idea what we were up to on Saturday. His actual birthday was July 7, and as usual, he went to Outback Steakhouse with my mom, brother and sister-in-law. We mailed his gift in a card, and another birthday was celebrated...or so he thought!

We've been planning his surprise party for months now. It was my brother's idea, and it was a great one! We celebrated at the Brooker Community Center with a BBQ lunch, catered my my mom's cousin Mike. Very yummy food!






And what's a birthday party without a birthday cake from Publix?!?!?!?! It was sooooooo good! Dad even blew out all his candles on the first try. We didn't put 70 on though. There are fire regulations at the center we had to follow. :)





Below is my parent's adopted granddaughter, Caidence. She is the granddaughter of my mom's hair stylist, but they've grown quite attached to her. She even spends the day with my parents from time to time. She sometimes calls my dad "my Amos!" She is a cutie!




It was a great day with family and friends, and we're so glad no one spoiled the surprise. It was hard on my mom since she knew what was happening and had to be careful about what she said around my dad. After the party, my dad said he was glad the next day was Sunday—everyone should go to church and ask for forgiveness for lying so much the past few months. Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: